# pinHP Arcade image
+ Get new game resolutions by online update (System Settings Menu > Online Tools > Check for Update.
+ System automatically creates complete folder structure on empty USB stick if required. No more need to copy anything from the zipped distribution.
+ Change time zone (System Settings Menu > System Settings > Set Time Zone).
+ Installed alternate update server with automatic fallback.
+ Wi-Fi credentials are now included in backups.
– A bug, not remembering the current number of multiple MAME configurations after restoring from a very old backup, was fixed.
– Bugfix: config.ini file could become corrupt if it was manually edited with a DOS/Windows editor, caused by different format of line endings than files created on Linux (CR/LF vs. LF).
+ Added option to show button layout before game start (System Settings Menu > Mame Settings > Display Button Layout.
– Bugfix: Menu screen was shifted to the right by 8 pixels (Jamma only), caused by the latest Linux system update.
– Minor bug fixes.
+ Fresh Linux install from scratch. The previous system was still based on an old image from the very beginning of Pi2Jamma, with lots of leftover clutter.
+ Rewrite of the game menu generation routine. 90 % speed up. Game menu list containing 6.000 games typically generates within a second now.
+ Improved favourites editing: Add a game to the Fav. Games menu, cursor stays in place at the next game in the list.
+ Obsolete “restore” folder on the USB stick. It caused confusion. The “Restore Settings” function now restores directly from the “backup” folder.
+ Selectable keyboard layout (de/us/fr).
+ Added support for NTFS formatted USB sticks.
+ Automatic Wi-Fi connect at boot.
+ Automatic email alarm: Did you ever leave your game room for „just a minute“ and forgot to come back before the next weekend? Receive an email that the system is still up and running after a specified amount of time. To be configured inside rpi2jamma/.mail on the USB stick.
– Bugfix: When “Fav.” button (Player2-Start) is defined to change screen orientation (System Settings Menu > System Settings > P2-Start), the pinHP menu now stays at the same line from where orientation change was activated
– Bugfix: System would crash when changing game menu lines (System Settings Menu > Game Menu Settings)
+ Customizable menu text (System Settings Menu > Language Settings)
+ More text customization possible with new language.ini file (inside rpi2jamma directory on USB stick or DATA partition)
+ Customizable idle screensaver time (System Settings Menu > System Settings) and MAME idle exit time (System Settings Menu > Mame Settings)
+ Maintenance update
Included in 12DEC20 full image only, not via online update:
+ Refined Advance Mame modelines (game resolution definitions)
+ Changed default game controls (Insert coin: Player1-Start & Joystick up, Exit game:Player1-Start & Player1-Button1)
+ Select from up to three different saved MAME configurations
– Bugfix: Gamepad controls did not work with backup/restore dialog
– Bugfix: SSH login for user “pinhp” was denied
+ Improved gamepad support: No more keyboard required except for entering a Wi-Fi key for the first time. Dialog boxes (OK / Cancel, item selection) work with the gamepad now.
+ On popular demand: Although the use of a USB stick is still recommended, the data partition on the SD card can now be expanded to its maximum size from the menu.
+ Just a gimmick: Select the date to be set when the system boots. There is no hardware clock in a Raspberry Pi, so the system date will always be wrong unless there is an Internet connection. Select between image date, last shutdown date or a custom date.
+ Support for Xbox one wireless dongle
+ Additional screensavers: Random game / random videos
+ At long last! A pinHP boot logo 🙂
+ Remember last Wi-Fi profile / Quick connect
+ USB gamepad handling
+ Improved Pi2SCART auto detection
+ Additional color themes (Rainbow / Vivid)
+ Mame idle exit time now independent from screensaver
+ Option to copy games from internal SD to USB
– Minor bugfix / hardware mode selection
– Bugfix: Screensaver types were not saved reliably
– Bugfix: Online update system
+ Updated screensaver selection menu
+ Check & set hardware mode (Jamma/SCART) from the menu
+ “Snappier” menu navigation
+ New “Online Tools” menu
+ Online update patches
+ Select from 7 different screensavers
+ Change general game volume from system settings menu (Alsa mixer interface)
+ Option to activate screensaver with P2-Start button
+ Select P2-Start button behaviour from system settings menu
– Bugfix: Mame idle exit time is now synchronized with screensaver time
+ Added “Silver” menu style
– Bugfix: A new line was added to config.ini on every system start
– Bugfix: If MAME brighness/gamma settings were changed manually inside advmame.rc, the entry was listed twice in the system settings menu.
– Bugfix: Preview video volume was not remembered after exit into shell
+ Increased DATA partition size to 12 GB, 16 GB SD card required
+ Added config.ini option to quickly switch screen orientation via “Add to Fav.” (Player2-Start) button
+ Added more default directory path entries, like “image” (for CHD files) or “memcard” to advmame.rc configuration file
– Bugfix: Pi2SCART mode was not initialized properly, causing possible system slowdown by constantly sending (unvisible) keystrokes in the background
+ Raspberry Pi 4 support
+ Adapted design to display game marquees
+ Marquee files are included in the package
+ Automatic backup of highscores and MAME settings to USB stick
– Minor bug fixes
+ Added Pi2SCART support
+ Improved favourites selection, no more jumping out of menu
+ Menu selector stays where it was when changing settings
+ Menu navigation speed up
+ Added “Are you sure?” dialogs for certain operations
+ Installed RAM disk for /tmp folder, extending SD card life
+ SSH login enabled. Username pinhp / password root
+ Added and adjusted lots of resolution settings
99 percent of the games should automatically run with close to perfect resolution and refresh rate settings now
+ Added USB mouse/trackball/spinner support
+ Added MAME free play option, works for games which support it via DIP switches
+ Added uptime display in system menu
+ Added system menu item: Exit into Linux shell
+ Added a 2 seconds delay for preview videos (editable in config.ini)
+ Reboot/Shutdown/Backup/Restore menu options can all be hidden individually
+ *Hide Seettings Menu* does not require a reboot anymore
– Bugfix: Quickedit mode settings were not always remembered
– Bugfix: Preview videos settings were not always remembered
+ Added a monitor test card for hardware screen calibration
– Bugfix: Arcade start with USB keyboard connected is enabled again
+ Runs with just the SD card, USB stick is optional
+ Includes 100 popular horizontal and vertical games
+ Added preview video support
+ Dedicated system settings menu with lots of new items to select
+ Additional menu theme making better use of limited available screen space
+ Auto activate screensaver
+ Qick Edit Mode: Select games for favourites lists, changes are applied when leaving edit mode
+ Hide status messages (e. g. game rom name) when starting games
– Bugfix: In vertical mode, when scrolling game list per page, one line was skipped
+ Advance Mame 3.9 update
+ Lots of new game resolution settings – most vertical games should use almost perfect settings now
+ Fixed annoyances: Press any key to exit screen saver or dialog boxes
– Minor bug fixes
+ Improved menu navigation speed
– Bugfix: An “sRGB profile error” message was flashing in the terminal window under certain circumstances
+ Enable/Disable MAME cheat option
+ Enable/Disable artwork backdrop and overlay options
+ Added screen mode “upside down”
– Minor bug fixes
+ Edit favourites lists from the menu
+ „Hidden feature“: Access system configuration menu by clicking into empty lines three times
+ First public release version