Pi2SCART turns your Raspberry Pi into a retro machine. Display your retro games on your 15 KHz CRT.
- Stereo Sound
- Sync combination with Logic Ics. The sync signal will be very clean.
- Automatic support via scart of page aspect ratio 4:3
- Automatic support via scart RGB AV modus.
- No extra power supply needed
PI2SCART will be plugged on GPIO interface. Sound will be provided via cable from Raspberry Pi to PI2SCART.
- Basic software Installation
- Pi2SCART and Retropie Installation
- Tool scripts for video timings and center image on 15khz CRTs
Basic software Installation
Edit your config.txt on SD Card to
hdmi_timings=320 1 16 30 34 240 1 2 3 22 0 0 0 60 0 6400000 1 #240p
Take care this resolution setting is a basic resolution that might not fit to your CRT setting. For retro gaming we recommend to use our retropie installation tutorial or our ReGamebox Distribution.
Pi2SCART and Retropie Installation
This tutorial was made by Michael Vencio in the Facebook Group Pi2Jamma
Tool script for video timings and center image on 15khz CRTs
This tool was made Frank Skilton.
Something I’ve been working on and am very happy with the results. Shell script to streamline the process of generating/viewing/manipulating and saving hdmi_timings.
– Manually enter and generate hdmi_timings
– Adjust screen position
– Display a PNG test image to aid in screen positioning
– Display horizontal scan rate and vertical refresh rate
– Save timings and full config to boot/config.txt
Works really well, makes life so much easier.